The Undergraduate Diploma in Management is received after successful completion of the first year, 4 modules of the Bachelors in Management and accumulating 60 ECTS.
This course is designed to enhance and upgrade the learners’ managerial knowledge, skills and aptitude by giving them the key inputs in the concerned areas through interactive lectures, case discussions workshops, roleplays and self-learning exercises. The programme is delivered on a full time basis mode in each key area with the help of student centred learning approach. The whole programme is highly interactive and it is expected to enrich the students’ knowledge in key managerial areas; sharpen their managerial skills; and enhance their professional competence in today’s highly dynamic business environment.
- Develop understanding, knowledge and subject skills relating to the principles and practices of modern business management.
- Develop subject interests by allowing access to a range of specialist modules in management.
- Gain a firm foundation, through the programme’s structure in Year One, to the crucial areas of accountancy and finance, economics and management.
- Encourage intellectual curiosity that will contribute to the continuing professional development of an effective manager.
- Produce graduates who are capable of operating in a multi-disciplined environment and in a variety of sectors and functions.
- Communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) their ideas and recommendations.
- Analyse, interpret and make decisions based on facts and information.
- To interpret accounts and have a core grasp of management accounting.
- Work in teams and groups effectively.
- To have developed (by the end of the course) core management skills (marketing, HRM, strategy, statistics) which will be effective when the
- Student enters the work environment.
- To have developed effective research skills which can help the student when they enter the business-world.
Certification qualifications, such as those provided by Global College Malta, are an effective way of increasing chances of promotions and increased employability. Students in possession of an Undergraduate Diploma in Management can aspire to work in administration, customer service department, sales, human resources department, accounts clerk and more.
|Foundations of Management||15|
|Accountancy and Finance||15|
|Quantitative Methods and Research||15|
Important note: The Undergraduate Diploma in Management course comprises of the 1st year of the BA in Management 3-year undergraduate course. Hence, students who successfully complete the Undergraduate Diploma in Management may opt to progress to the 2nd and 3rd year to obtain the MQF Level 6 BA undergraduate degree.
Assessment on the course is designed to be an integral part of the learning process for students and to enhance and confirm their knowledge and practice.
Formative feedback will be provided to students through a combination of self-reflection, peer group and tutor feedback. Summative assessments will provide a measure of the extent to which students have achieved the learning outcomes of the modules.
Assessment within the modules will take various forms including coursework assignments, reports, presentations, examinations and the dissertation. Full details of the assessment procedures for each module are shown in the individual module specification.
Throughout the course, students, as part of their personal development, will be offered ample opportunities to improve their transferable skills. In addition, students will also develop their research skills.
All modules, with the exception of the Dissertation, will be assessed by a combination of summative/end-of-module written papers and formative/continuous assessment (up to 50%). Continuous assessment will be undertaken via a combination of teaching and learning approaches including:
- Case studies
- Project work
- Team/group exercises
Students will be provided with oral and written feedback on continuous assessment and, where applicable, strategies implemented to ensure that they are fully prepared for the end of the course assessments.
For Local/EU Students:
For International Students:
Visa Sup Doc Fee
Visa Sup Doc Fee
- Assessment fee
- Overall qualification certificate
- Course material tutorial support notes
- Access to online course resources
Monthly discounts are available, please contact one of our student recruitment staff members to learn more.